Spread a little aloha around the INW with Hapa Catering. A formally trained chef and blogger at Rosauer’s Kitchen, Kacey specializes in delicious Hawaiian/American cuisine.
What does “Hapa” mean? Hapa in Hawaiian means half. Often you’ll hear it used as, “Hapa Haole” which means half white. Since I’m hapa haole, I cook foods that are both Hawaiian and American to create amazing Luaus for your next event!
Small Luau (15-35 people) Pick 1 main dish, 2 side dishes, 1 salad
Medium Luau (35-75 people) Pick 2 main dishes, 3 side dishes, 2 salads
Large Luau (75+ people) Pick 3 main dishes, 5 side dishes, all salads
- Kaula Pork- Traditional slow cooked pork with a light smokey flavor with aromatics of ginger and garlic.
- Huli Huli Chicken- Grilled chicken that is marinated in a sweet and savory pineapple glaze.
- Teri Beef/ Chicken/ SPAM/ Tofu – Thin slices of meat (or tofu) marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled.
- Hamburger Steak – Loco Moco without the egg. Ground chuck patties, cooked smash burger style with a classic brown gravy.
- Shrimp Truck Shrimp (market price) – Shrimp sautéed in a chili, lemon, garlic oil. Topped with green onions and crispy garlic chips.
Side dishes and Pupus
- SPAM Musubi- Hawaii’s favorite snack! A bed of rice topped with a glazed slice of SPAM wrapped in nori.
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (market price)- Brined salmon, sweet onions, tomatoes, and green onions lomi lomi (massaged) together to create a traditional Hawaiian side similar to ceviche. Can be served with fried wontons upon request.
- Poke Pockets (market price)- Cubed Ahi marinated in a savory glaze, with sweet onions, seaweed, sesame seeds, green onions, and a little bit of chili, on a bed of rice in an inari wrapper.
- Sautéed Sesame Cabbage- Traditionally served with Kaula Pork, sautéed and lightly charred cabbage with sweet soy sauce, topped with black and white sesame seeds.
- White/ Brown Rice
- Chicken Long Rice- Asian vermicelli noodles cooked in an aromatic chicken broth, pieces of chicken, mushrooms and onions.
- SPAM Fried Rice- White or brown rice sautéed with vegetables, soy sauce, eggs and SPAM.
- Poi- Fermented smashed taro root.
- Mac Salad- Macaroni noodles, sweet onions, green onions, chicken, and carrots tossed in a mayo based sauce.
- Asian Green Salad- Lettuce, red cabbage, and napa cabbage tossed in a sweet ginger dressing, topped with crispy wontons, and oranges.
- Mixed Fruit Salad- Seasonal fruit with a sweet, sour, salty side of Li Hing Mui to sprinkle on top.
- P.O.G.- Passion, orange, and guava juice.
- Mango Sweet Tea- Black iced tea sweetened with mango.
Desserts- Extra Cost
- Haupia- A silky smooth coconut pudding that is thickened with gelatin, served as cubes sprinkled with toasted coconut on top.
- Guava Cake- A sheet cake of sweet guava cake, with a whipped cream frosting, topped with guava jelly.
- Haupia Cake- A coconut sheet cake, with a whipped cream frosting, topped with a layer of Haupia.
- Butta Mochi- Butter mochi is a traditional Hawaiian treat, it is made with a high glutenous rice flour called Mochiko Flour.