This cucumber salad is one of my favorite things, I cannot tell you how many cucumbers have gone to waste in my fridge with the intentions of making this salad. I really have no excuse either because it’s so quick and easy to make and 90% of the ingredients are already in my cupboards. Whether it’s a quick snack, or I’m trying to lose weight again, or I’m making bulgogi and I need some Korean banchan (all the little side dishes when you go to a Korean restaurant), I make this often. This recipe is my version of a cucumber salad my mom would make the difference between her’s and mine is I do almost a quick pickle with marinade, and I add spice. But I can’t blame her for not making it spicy because I hated anything spicy until I was pregnant and all of a sudden was carrying hot sauce in my purse because nothing was spicy enough. Add as much or as little spice that you’ll enjoy.
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Slice the cucumber thin, I use a mandolin on the second thinnest setting.
- Mix all the ingredients together (except cucumbers).
- Add cucumbers to the mix and let sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted or un-toasted sesame seeds.